Ginger Stirfried Bok Choy with Chicken
Chicken for the Stir Fry
· 1/4 C soy sauce
· 1/4 C dry sherry (opt)
· 1 C water
· 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
· 2 Tbs toasted sesame oil
· 1 Tbs cornstarch
· 1 Tbs flour
· 1/4 C low sodium chicken broth
· 2 Tbs dry sherry (opt)
· 1 Tbs soy sauce
· 1 Tbs oyster sauce
· 1/2 tsp sesame oil
· 1 tsp cornstarch
· 1 tsp sugar
· 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
· 4 tsp minced ginger
· 1 medium garlic clove, minced
· 1 small head of pak choy, stalks separated and cut on the bias, greens cut onto 1/2 inch strips
· 1 small red bell pepper (opt)
1. Combine soy sauce, sherry and water in a medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to beak up clumps. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. Mix sesame oil, cornstarch and flour in a medium bowl until smooth.
3. Drain chicken in strainer and press out extra liquid. Toss chicken in cornstarch/flour mix until evenly coated.
4. Whisk broth, sherry, oyster sauce, sesame oil cornstarch , sugar, pepper flakes and 2 tsp ginger in small bowl. Set aside.
5. Combine remaining 2 tsp ginger garlic and 1 tsp peanut oil in small bowl and set aside.
6. Heat 2 tsp peanut oil in nonstick skillet over high heat until smoking. Add half of chicken to skillet in flat, even layer. Cook until golden brown on first side, about 1 minute. Turn chicken pieces over and cook until lightly browned on second side, about 30 seconds. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl. Repeat with additional 2 tsp peanut oil and remaining chicken.
7. Add 1 Tbs peanut oil to empty skillet, heat until just smoking. Add pak choy stalks and bell pepper. Stir Fry until beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Push veggies aside to clear center, add garlic/ginger mix to clearing, smashing with a spoon, and cook until fragrant, about 15-20 seconds. Stir mix into stalks and cook until stalks are tender crisp, about 30 seconds longer. Stir in pak choy greens and cook until beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds.
8. Return chicken to skillet. Whisk sauce to recombine and then add to skillet; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately